I can’t believe the first week of 2015 is in the books. It is now go time! I really have to buckle down and get to editing!
My writing week usually starts on Saturday, since I get most of my writing done over the weekend. So, I’ll be posting my weekly goals for the week every Friday.
The goal over the next two months is to edit my first read through. I didn’t realize that “read through” was the correct terminology until today. I was calling it my second draft, but it really isn’t my second draft, at least not yet.
I’m now pushing for the end of February to have the first read through done and all of my issues noted. I can then start re-writing March 1. I’ve also updated my countdown box on my sidebar with this new date, except that it is seriously giving me anxiety seeing “1 month to go” in bold.
This week I’d like to get a few chapters read and make notes on major issues that need to be addressed. One in particular is if I need to get rid of a character or keep him in. I’m torn, so we will see what his fate will be next week.
Weekly Goals for Week #1:
- Read through chapters 1 & 2 – make notes on major issues that need to be addressed
- Start a new Scrivener template for the first read through
- Organize all Twitter followers into lists – I’ve been putting this off for a long time, but it is getting out of control!
- Continue reading “Writing the Fiction Series”
- Gather materials for series story board
The read through is definitely #1 on my list, but the other things really need to get at least started. It would be nice to have all five goals completed by next Friday, though. Let’s see how I do!